Parish News and Up Dates
As most of you probably know by now, our beloved Margaret is retiring from St Mary’s parish office. By way of marking the occasion, a mass will be celebrated at 11 am in St Mary’s on Sunday 3rd March for her family, friends, and parishioners. Refreshments/ light lunch and a presentation will take place directly after mass in the Summer Hill hotel. All are welcome.
MARGARET YOU WILL BE SO MISSED
“LOVE LIFE LIVE LENT” a five-week course for Lent in collaboration with our friends from St Patricks Powerscourt
Love Life Live Lent is a different way of approaching Lent, one which focuses on taking up positive actions for the good of all. Often Lent has been about giving up things – traditionally some sorts of food, but these days more likely chocolate or alcohol. We give up things with a view to focus more closely on our relationship with God.
While there are elements of ‘giving up’ in the daily actions the focus of the actions is on generosity and being ‘life-giving’.
Week 3:6th March. 11am. St Mary’s Feeling Good or Washing Feet? ‘What’s in it for me?’
Week 4:13th March. 11 am St Patricks Feeding 5000 What’s in it for them?’
Week 5: 20th March.11am St Mary’s Man Born Blind ‘Taking Action’ Making a difference
A message from Fr Kieran McDermott
My sisters and brothers in Christ,
A great deal has been happening over the past year as the Church grows in Synodality and as we try to discern together what God is asking of us at this time. Conversations have been ongoing at national and international levels. We hope you have been following these events; via our communications, such as the newsletters in October 2023 (see https://dublindiocese.ie/synod2023/), or via other means.
KNOCK PILGRIMAGE – SAVE THE DATE
SATURDAYY 27th APRIL. COFFEE ON THE WAY DOWN DINNER ON THE WAY BACK. INTERESTED? PLEASE CONT
CONTACT ST MARYS PARISH OFFICE 012760030 Sadie O Connell 0876955154. Or Aideen 0868182241 for further details
Why not pop into the church for some quiet time this coming Thursday 29th February from 7 pm to 8 30 pm . You can sit in silence with candlelight and gentle music. Take a few minutes for yourself and just “be”. Light a candle, say a prayer. Just sit if that’s what you need. Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament will take place .
- KILMACANOGUE. St. Mochonog’s are starting to put together ideas to celebrate our 200th anniversary this year. If you feel you can help in anyway, please give Joyce a call and we will get back to you. We are anxious to include the entire Community and involve as many parishioners as possible. All are welcome.
We make choices each day. What informs them . Our choices can make all the difference!
- HOSPITALITY COMMITTEE It is up and running at last. Click here for rota to the end of the yearHospitality Committee RotaHospitality Committee Rota
- New Music Ministry Please join us if you would like the opportunity to sing and fill in from time to time when are regular musicians are not available. We are currently meeting on Tuesday evenings at St Marys church at 7 15 pm. See you there!
If you are living in the Parish and are not registered as a Parishioner, you would not receive any letters from us, If you wish to receive items, or if you would like to receive the ’Parish Link’ by email weekly please phone the Parish Office in Enniskerry on 01 2760030 .(10am- 1pm Monday-FridayEmail—firstname.lastname@example.org and Kilmacanogue on 01 2021882. (10am-1pm) Monday-Thursday. Email—email@example.com
- Come and view our mural This is now in it’s permanent home in the family space at the back of the church. We had a little presentation on Sunday to thank the artist. Once again thank you Doreen. Come and see it!
- PARISH LOTTO NEWS!
If you’re not in you can’t win!
Click on this link to join
- Hope Task Force Time table here. Click on link. Time table
- Technology! We really need a few younger people to help with technology in the parish. Contact Aideen 0868182241
- A broadcast list for the parish is up and running now. This will be to keep everyone up to date with what is happening in the parish and for easy communication in relation to building our communities. If you would like your name added to the list please contact Aideen 0868182241
- Rosary A group from the parish meets every Wednesday evening, on zoom, from 7.30 – 8pm, to pray the Rosary. Please call or message Sally, 087 4189 338, to be added to the group or for further information.
- A new Facebook page for Enniskerry parish is now up and running and looking for some followers! Check it here! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100085128168938