November is the month of the Holy Souls when we honour and pray in a special way for all our loved ones who have died.
The tradition of the Altar List Of The Dead is where we write out the list of names of deceased loved ones whom we want to remember in prayer.
Here you can fill out and submit the Digital Altar List Of The Dead below.
You could, of course, submit your List in your own envelope to the Parish Office or from the Altar List envelopes available at the Entrance Porch in St. Mary’s, St.Mochonog’s and St.Patrick’s Church. The Altar List Of The Dead is included in the prayers for the dead at Mass on 2nd November , Feast of All Souls, and all throughout the month of November, as well as on the First Fridays.
In November, we also have the Mass of Remembrance for Deceased Family and Friends who have died during this past year. This year special Masses will take place :
- St. Mochonog’s Church, Kilmacanogue on Sunday 14th November at 10am
- St. Mary’s Church, Enniskerry on Sunday 21st November at 11am
All those who had relatives, either from or outside of the parish, who died in the last year, are invited to participate in the Mass.
Prayer Resources for November
In the month of November we traditionally pray for our dead and for the bereaved. The following resources are provided to support this prayer across our Parish.
- Click the November Prayer Card for three sets of prayers: A prayer in the church; A prayer by the graveside; A prayer before bedtime.
- We are invited to pray daily ‘A prayer for these days’. This prayer can be accessed in colour here
- Please see also the following prayer resources:
May this prayer bring us the consolation and hope of our faith.
God of the living and the dead,
of the visible and the invisible,
of the seen and the unseen;
bless all, everywhere and in every time.
For no one and no thing is beyond your generous love.
Information and support on bereavement and loss can be found on these useful links: